The story “Tiger and Puppy” is about a village with five families, where a mischievous tiger would eat all the food. An unlikely hero, a small puppy, comes to the rescue and helps the villagers capture the tiger. Create your own paper plate animals to retell this Korean folktale. Click to watch the story video here.
One paper plate
- On the edge of the paper plate, draw the ears and tail of the animal with a pencil.
- Cut out the plate’s border with your ears and tail.
- Then cut out your ears and tail.
- On the middle of the plate, sketch your animal’s eyes, nose, mouth, and any other details of the face.
- Color in the face, ears, and tail.
- Tape the ears and tail to the face of your animal.
Now you can retell the story with your paper plate animal!