Use animal templates to make a mix and match game where you create new mythical creatures.
Animal templates (downloadable)
Markers, crayons, or colored pencils
Pieces of cardboard (optional)
- Print out the downloadable animal templates. Color in each animal using pencils, crayons, or pens.
- Fold each animal template in thirds (like you would a letter).
- Use scissors to cut each template into those thirds (head, body, tail).
- Now you have “puzzle pieces” of different heads, bodies, and tails that you can mix and match to produce new creatures. Optional: Glue the puzzle pieces onto pieces of cardboard, so they are sturdy and reusable.
- Take a picture of each new combination you create. What name might you give your new mythical creature? What powers might it have?