- Do not touch the artwork, pedestals, or display cases. Some objects are thousands of years old, fragile, and/or sacred. Treat them like the precious treasures they are.
- Stay with your group and adult chaperones.
- Food, drink, candy, or chewing gum are not allowed in the museum.
- Stay with the students at all times. Chaperones are expected to ensure the safety and good behavior of the students.
- On guided tours, follow the docent or storyteller's lead. Engage the students and assist with group management.
- Respect other visitors by keeping voices at a conversational volume and walking when in the galleries.
- Please use pencils only when writing.
- Non-flash photography is allowed in the museum and collection galleries. Photography is not allowed in special exhibition galleries.
- Request any changes to tour details (number of students, number of adults, start time, etc.) in advance.
- All bags larger than 12" by 12" are not allowed in the galleries and must be checked at Coat Check as a group. Any essential supplies that you wish to take into the galleries must carried in a bag smaller than 12" by 12".
- For guided tours: Make every effort to respond to emails and phone calls from docents and storytellers leading up to the day of your tour.
- For teacher-guided tours: Plan ahead a gallery route, activities, and objectives for your visit. Visit the Educator Resources section of our website for activities, background information, and more.